Jodie is a Licensed Professional Counselor practicing at our Clarksville, TN location. Jodie has extensive experience working with active-duty military, veterans, and military families (SMVF) and civilian clients in outpatient settings.
Jodie earned her bachelor’s degree in foreign languages and literature (Spanish) from Clark University, her Master of Education in Counseling & Personnel Services from the University of Maryland, and her Doctorate in Human Services from Capella University.
Jodie is trained in, and utilizes, several therapeutic interventions including Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Prolonged Exposure (PE), Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I), Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Gottman (couples) and Solution-Focused Brief Therapy for Couples. She has experience treating disorders of trauma and stress, anxiety, depression, mood, obsession-compulsion, as well as issues related to work, school, and relationships. Jodie works with individuals (age 14+) and couples.
Jodie views therapy as a collaborative relationship between herself and her clients by which clients work to realize and live their healthiest lives. When not working, she enjoys working out, spending time with family and friends, and watching foreign language TV shows and movies.
Degrees, Certifications & Specialties
- PhD – Human Services (Community & Social Services)
- M.Ed. – Counseling & Personnel Services
- B.A. – Foreign Languages & Literature (Spanish)
- Executive Certificate – Strategic Healthcare Leadership Cornell University
- Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt Certificate
- Licensed Professional Counselor with Mental Health Service Provider Designation (LPC-MHSP) and Approved Supervisor Status (TN)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (AZ)
- Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (KY)
- Capella University
- University of Maryland
- Clark University
Practice Locations & Hours
Athena Care – Clarksville
775 Weatherly Drive
Clarksville, TN 37043
Phone: (615) 320-1155
Fax: (615) 320-1177
M-F 7:00am – 6:00pm
Insurance Coverage & Plans
Athena Care is in-network with many big name insurance providers. Fill in our form below to find out if your insurance covers treatment.
Conditions Treated at Athena Care
Treatments, Services & Tests at Athena Care
- Personality Testing
- ADHD Testing
- Neuropsychological Testing
- Pre-Employment Testing
- Career and Academic Testing
- Developmental or Achievement Testing