Jump to Section
What is Spravato?
Spravato is a prescription nasal spray drug, sometimes known as esketamine. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved it in March 2019. Esketamine is a brand-new kind of ketamine, a commonly employed anesthetic in veterinary medicine and military settings.1
Esketamine has immediate and powerful effects when administered intravenously. Adults with treatment-resistant depression (TRD) and major depressive disorder (MDD) are given Spravato in combination with an oral antidepressant.2
Spravato is self-administered via a single-use disposable nasal spray device. It is used with an antidepressant taken by mouth during a two-phase short treatment plan. This includes the induction phase (weeks 1-4) and the maintenance phase (weeks 5+). Your blood pressure may rise briefly after taking Spravato and continue to rise for up to 4 hours.3
Spravato has a considerable mood-lifting effect that can linger for weeks after just one dosage. In most cases, more dosages will be needed on a regular basis. After an initial response to Spravato, the oral antidepressant should be continued. Most agree that Spravato’s outpatient treatment services should continue for at least six months. However, this depends on the patient’s specific needs and tolerance.4
Esketamine targets the neurotransmitter glutamate. This distinction is significant because glutamate stimulates the brain’s excitement center and is linked to learning and memory.
The effect rate varies by research, but randomized trials have shown that Spravato can relieve TRD quickly. Depending on the length of the Spravato treatment, studies suggest 40-60% efficacy.5
Signs Spravato is Right for You
- You’re battling depression and attempted two or more antidepressants, along with another form of treatment, during your most recent depressive episode without finding significant relief.
- You have been diagnosed with treatment-resistant depression (TRD).
Only people who have not responded to other treatments, such as talk therapy, are eligible for Spravato. To qualify, you must have taken at least two additional medications, or one medication in combination with another type of treatment, without experiencing any improvement.
How Much Does Spravato Therapy Cost in Memphis, TN?
Like other medicines, the cost of Spravato will vary based on your location and other factors.
Therefore, they might not accurately reflect the price of Spravato treatment in Memphis, TN. In addition, your prescription medicine or health insurance plan might cover the cost of Spravato’s treatment, depending on your policy.
The medicine alone is anticipated to range from $590 to $885 per treatment. In addition, the 2-hour treatment session (about $250) will be added to the medicine cost, increasing the total cost of each treatment session to between $840 and $1135.
Insurance may be able to help cover the cost of treatment. Find out if your insurance provider can help with the costs by filling in our confidential insurance verification form below.
How to Get Spravato Treatment in Memphis, TN
You must complete a special program under the supervision of a licensed doctor. This is essential to ensuring that patients are aware of and capable of managing any hazards related to Spravato.
To reduce the hazards of dissociation, abuse, and misuse, the FDA implemented a controlled distribution system for Spravato. The Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS) program requires a certification for healthcare facilities that disperse Spravato. As a result, your local pharmacy does not carry the medication. Only licensed healthcare facilities and staff members who have received the necessary training to prescribe and distribute the drug may use it.6
To be assessed for Spravato, your doctor must submit a request to a mental health services clinic in Tennessee. A physical examination and a psychological evaluation will be part of the assessment process. Finally, if your request for treatment is accepted, you’ll receive a Spravato esketamine prescription.
Most major insurance providers cover Spravato treatment. Filling out our free and confidential online insurance verification form is the easiest and quickest method to determine the specifics of your coverage. A care coordinator will thoroughly review your plan and assist you with any questions or concerns regarding insurance coverage for Spravato treatment in Memphis, TN. Rest assured that all information provided and discussed remains confidential.
How to Find the Best Spravato Treatment Center in Memphis, TN
Athena Care has a Spravato treatment clinic in Memphis, Tennessee. In addition, we are in-network with most major insurance plans. With multiple clinics across Tennessee, getting the help you need, including esketamine treatment in Memphis, could be only a phone call away.
Review a list of Athena Care’s licensed therapists, organized by city, background, and specialties. It’s important to ask lots of questions and to keep the following factors in mind when selecting Spravato providers in Memphis:
- Education, training, license, and years of experience
- Are they certified in the REMS program per federal regulations?
- What is their focus as far as mental health disorders?
- How long have they been practicing?
- Success rates?
- Specialties and services offered
- Do they specialize in other forms of therapy, like cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) or psychodynamic therapy?
- Which insurance companies do they work with, as well as their office hours and prices?
- What potential out-of-pocket costs can be anticipated in connection with Spravato therapy?
- What are the potential side effects?
- Bruno, Bryan Medical Director. “The Difference Between Ketamine and Esketamine (Spravato) for Depression Treatment.” Mid City TMS, Mid City TMS, 15 Apr. 2021, www.midcitytms.com/the-difference-between-ketamine-and-esketamine-spravato-for-depression-treatment
- “SPRAVATO® (Esketamine) | SPRAVATO®.” SPRAVATO® (Esketamine), Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., 23 Feb. 2022, www.spravato.com/trd
- “SPRAVATO® (Esketamine) | Official Patient Website.” SPRAVATO® (Esketamine), 13 Dec. 2022, www.spravato.com/trd/faqs.
- “Dosage and Administration of SPRAVATO – Duration of Therapy.” JanssenMD® Professional Information Resource, 26 July 2022, www.janssenmd.com/spravato/dosage-administration/treatment-duration/dosage-and-administration-of-spravato-duration-of-therapy.
- Anca. “What Is the Success Rate of Spravato for Treatment-Resistant Depression?” Ketamine Clinic of Pennsylvania, Ketamine Clinic of Pennsylvania, 8 July 2019, kcofp.com/ufaqs/what-is-the-success-rate-of-spravato-for-treatment-resistant-depression
- “What Are the Success Rates of Esketamine?” Mindful Health Solutions, Mindful Health Solutions, 22 Feb. 2022, mindfulhealthsolutions.com/treatment-faqs/esketamine/what-are-the-success-rates-of-esketamine
If you suspect that you or someone you love suffers from mental health disorders, contact Athena Care today.
One of our friendly associates will help you get the help you need. Take this first step to feel better and take control.