Job Title: Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: President
Board Certified Behavior Analyst Job Summary
The Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) works collaboratively to deliver high quality, direct care and supervision by studying behavior and creating plans to improve or change problematic behaviors.
Board Certified Behavior Analyst Core Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Provides behavioral services including behavior modification and other behavioral therapies relevant to training, experience, and the Athena program.
- Assess, treat, and monitor behavioral interventions with patients of all ages.
- Documents all patient encounters accurately and timely in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR); responsible for timely and accurate completion of medical records, including assessments, treatment plans, progress notes, outcome measures, and billing entries.
- Collaborates with psychiatrists, nurse practitioners, psychologists, counselors, social workers, and other treatment team members to coordinate client care.
- Maintains positive, professional relationships with local medical community and within Athena.
- Consults with other physicians and/or clinicians about each patient’s specific need and refer to specialists as necessary
- Monitors and develops programming as appropriate.
- Provides supervision, oversight, and ongoing training to RBT’s, other BCBA’s, and treatment team members as appropriate.
- Must be eligible to participate in commercial Insurance networks and Medicare.
- Other duties as assigned; including, but not limited to, participating on clinical/medical committees, providing educational reviews and performing quality reviews.
Board Certified Behavior Analyst Job Requirements & Qualifications:
- Master’s or doctoral degree in psychological field of study.
- Current, unrestricted board certification in behavior analysis.
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of psychiatric disorders and current treatment options/best practices.
- Verbal communication
- Data entry skills
- People skills
- Customer focus
- Attention to detail
- Professional judgment
- This is an office-type role with primarily sedentary job duties and limited reaching, pulling, pushing, or carrying.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each core job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary for an individual in this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.