Job Title: Psychotherapist
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Lead Psychotherapist
Psychotherapist Job Summary
As a member of a multidisciplinary team, the psychotherapist position is designed to provide direct therapeutic care to patients of Athena. This includes any and all forms of counseling and psychotherapy within the scope of practice of the clinician’s practice and experience.
Psychotherapist Core Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Provides outpatient mental health therapeutic services to clients of Athena
- Assesses, diagnoses, and treats adults, adolescents, and/or children experiencing symptoms of behavioral health disorders
- Documents all patient encounters and diagnostic test results accurately and timely in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Collaborates with psychologist, psychiatric mental health nurse practitioners, psychiatrists and other treatment team members to coordinate client care
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of medical records, including assessments, treatment plans, progress notes, outcome measures, and billing entries.
- Participates as an active member of the Therapy team
- Maintain appropriate licensure and supervision in a manner consistent with standards of practice
- Maintains positive, professional relationships with local medical community and within Athena
- Consults with other physicians and/or clinicians about each patient’s specific need and refer to specialists as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
Psychotherapist Job Requirements & Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy or other relevant fields
- Three or more years experience providing mental health services preferred
- Current, unrestricted license in the state of Tennessee, in good standing, to include LCSW, LPC-MHSP, LMFT, and/ or LPE preferred
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification preferred
- Maintain credentials and licensure requirements with all major insurance companies and licensing boards
- No suspension/exclusion/debarment from participation in federal health care programs (Medicare, Medicaid, SCHIP, etc)
- Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of and ability to comply with applicable regulatory requirements (HIPAA, 42 CFR Pt 2, etc.)
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), bedside manner, and time management skills
- Ability to effectively and successfully participate as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with persons from diverse socioeconomic, education, racial, ethnic, and professional backgrounds
- Knowledge of and ability to effectively utilize Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system.
- Proficient with common technology hardware and software
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to provide high quality care and meet deadlines
- Consistently demonstrate positive customer service approach
- Commitment to ethical conduct and acting in the interest of patients served while adhering to all applicable policies and procedures of the organization
- Ability to travel between facilities (if working at more than one location) to include reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and personal automobile insurance preferred
- This is an office-type role with primarily sedentary job duties and limited reaching, pulling, pushing, or carrying.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each core job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary for an individual in this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.