Jump to Section
Does Ambetter Cover Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?
Yes, Ambetter insurance may be able to cover Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) in Tennessee, depending on your insurance plan. Your Ambetter CBT benefits are part of the insurance company’s Essential Health Benefits (EHBs), which include mental health care.1
How to Verify Ambetter CBT Coverage
Athena Care is in-network with Ambetter and most major insurance plans. Filling out our free, no-obligation online insurance verification form is the best and quickest method to determine if your Ambetter Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is covered.
Let our highly experienced, expert care coordinators handle the difficulties of contacting your insurance carrier for more information about CBT Ambetter coverage. A care coordinator will check your insurance and thoroughly go over your options after you submit the form. Any information provided and discussed is confidential.
What is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)?
CBT helps you become aware of false or harmful beliefs over numerous sessions so that you may comprehend and react to challenging events more clearly and healthily.2
How Does CBT Work?
It is possible to receive Cognitive Behavioral Therapy one-on-one or in groups with family members or people going through a similar situation.
The following steps are usually part of CBT:
- Identify any difficult situations or circumstances in your life.
- Recognize your feelings, emotions, and beliefs concerning these issues.
- Understand when you’re thinking negatively or incorrectly.
- Reinterpret any negative or incorrect thinking.
CBT might not be able to make a bad circumstance disappear or entirely heal your condition.
However, it might give you the resources and coping skills necessary to treat your disorder healthily, enhancing your quality of life and self-confidence.
What Does Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Treat?
In addition to addressing emotional difficulties, CBT can assist in treating the following mental health conditions:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Sleep disorders
- Eating disorders
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Substance use disorders
- Bipolar disorders
- Sexual disorders
How To Find Ambetter CBT Clinics Near Me?
With Athena Care’s multiple CBT clinics in Tennessee delivering valuable mental health testing services, Ambetter Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is just a phone call away. A care coordinator can assist you with questions or concerns about your Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Ambetter coverage Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
It takes considerable research, patience, and intuition to find the perfect CBT psychologist or therapist. Although all therapists offer mental health treatments, there are differences between them in terms of their training, expertise, perspectives, and personalities. So, the first step in finding a certified CBT therapist is knowing what to search for and where to look.
Here, you’ll find a list of professionals listed by city, details about their educational backgrounds and areas of expertise, and counselors who accept Ambetter insurance.
A qualified CBT therapist will have the following:
- a degree in counseling, psychology, or a similar subject at the bachelor’s, master’s, or postgraduate levels
- a Tennessee state-issued therapy license and 2,000–4,000 hours of clinical work experience
- certified CBT training and specialized CBT instruction
- active listening abilities
- a non-judgmental counseling method
Ask questions when you find a potential CBT therapist or treatment program. Here are a few questions that we suggest:
- How much time have you spent working with clients going through the same thing I am?
- What is your area of expertise or specialty?
- Which CBT techniques or skills have you found to be the most successful at resolving my problem?
- Do you accept Ambetter Cognitive Behavioral Therapy coverage?
- Ask about a sliding scale payment plan if your therapist does not accept Ambetter Cognitive Behavioral Therapy coverage.
- Are you certified as a psychologist in this jurisdiction?
- How many years of experience do you have with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?
How Much Does Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Cost Without Insurance?
The following are average costs. They may vary by location and other factors and, therefore, not reflect the actual price you’ll pay for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in Tennessee.
Sessions for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy typically last 45 minutes or more and cost between $100 and $200 each.3 You should keep in mind that CBT is commonly thought of as a short-term therapy, with five to twenty sessions being adequate.
- “About Our Plans.” Ambetter Health, Centene Corporation, www.ambetterhealth.com/health-plans.html. Accessed 28 July 2022.
- “Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.” Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER), 2022, https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/cognitive-behavioral-therapy/about/pac-20384610
- Lauretta, Ashley. “How Much Does Therapy Cost?” edited by Alena Hall, Forbes Health, 2021, https://www.forbes.com/health/mind/how-much-does-therapy-cost/
If you suspect that you or someone you love suffers from mental health disorders, contact Athena Care today.
One of our friendly associates will help you get the help you need. Take this first step to feel better and take control.