Does Cigna Cover Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?
Yes, depending on your insurance plan’s features and specific requirements, Cigna insurance in Tennessee may cover mental and behavioral health services such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). However, your Cigna CBT benefits are determined by your plan and specific needs. In addition, you may also require a referral from your primary care doctor before receiving treatment.1
Jump to Section
- Does Cigna Cover Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?
- How to Verify Cigna CBT Coverage
- What is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)?
- What Does Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Treat?
- How To Find Cigna CBT Clinics Near Me?
- How Much Does Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Cost Without Insurance?
How to Verify Cigna CBT Coverage
Athena Care is in-network with most major insurance plans. Filling out our free and confidential online insurance verification form is the best method to determine if your Cigna cognitive behavioral therapy is covered.
Let our highly experienced, expert care coordinators handle the difficulties of contacting your insurance carrier for more information about CBT Cigna coverage. A care coordinator will check your insurance and thoroughly go over your options after you submit the form. Any information provided and discussed will remain confidential.
What is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)?
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is a popular form of psychotherapy treatment also known as talk therapy. It includes a structured relationship with a mental health counselor, consisting of CBT psychologists or therapists.
Over the course of several sessions, CBT assists you in becoming aware of inaccurate or negative thoughts so that you may better understand and healthily respond to difficult situations.2
How Does CBT Work?
It is possible to receive cognitive behavioral therapy one-on-one or in groups with family members or people going through a similar situation.
CBT usually involves the following steps:
- Identify any difficult situations or circumstances in your life.
- Recognize your feelings, emotions, and beliefs concerning these issues.
- Understand when you’re thinking negatively or incorrectly.
- Reinterpret any negative or incorrect thinking.
CBT might not be able to eliminate an uncomfortable situation or cure your illness. Nevertheless, it may provide the tools you need to manage your condition in a healthy manner, improving your self-esteem and quality of life.
What Does Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Treat?
CBT can help treat the following mental health conditions in addition to addressing emotional challenges:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Sleep disorders
- Eating disorders
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Substance use disorders
- Bipolar disorders
- Sexual disorders
How To Find Cigna CBT Clinics Near Me?
With Athena Care, gaining access to a CBT clinic in Tennessee and mental health testing services has never been easier. A care coordinator can assist you with any questions or concerns about your Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Cigna coverage at one of our multiple locations throughout Tennessee, open Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
It takes a considerable deal of study, patience, and some intuition to find the perfect therapist. Although all therapists offer mental health treatments, each is unique in their training, experience, insights, and personality. Therefore, finding a certified CBT therapist begins with knowing what to look for and where to look.
Here, you’ll find a list of practitioners organized by city and information about their backgrounds and specialties.
A qualified CBT therapist will have the following:
- a degree in counseling, psychology, or a similar subject at the bachelor’s, master’s, or postgraduate levels
- a Tennessee state-issued therapy license and 2,000–4,000 hours of clinical work experience
- certified CBT training and specialized CBT instruction
- active listening abilities
- a non-judgmental counseling method
Ask questions when you find a potential CBT therapist or treatment program. Here are a few questions that we suggest:
- How much time have you spent working with people going through the same thing I am?
- What is your area of expertise or specialty?
- Which CBT techniques or skills have you found to be the most successful at resolving my problem?
- Do you accept Cigna Cognitive Behavioral Therapy coverage?
- Are you certified as a psychologist in this jurisdiction?
- How long have you been involved with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?
How Much Does Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Cost Without Insurance?
The following are average costs, though they may vary by location and other factors and may not reflect the actual cost of what you’ll pay for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in Tennessee.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy sessions are typically 45+ minutes long and cost between $100 and $200 per session.3 Remember that CBT is commonly regarded as a short-term therapy, with five to twenty sessions being sufficient.
- “Mental Health Benefits | Cigna.” Cigna, www.cigna.com/individuals-families/plans-services/plans-through-employer/mental-health. Accessed 9 July 2022.
- “Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.” Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER), 2022, https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/cognitive-behavioral-therapy/about/pac-20384610
- Lauretta, Ashley. “How Much Does Therapy Cost?” edited by Alena Hall, Forbes Health, 2021, https://www.forbes.com/health/mind/how-much-does-therapy-cost/
If you suspect that you or someone you love suffers from mental health disorders, contact Athena Care today.
One of our friendly associates will help you get the help you need. Take this first step to feel better and take control.