Does Evernorth Insurance Cover Mental Health Services?
Yes, Evernorth Insurance may cover mental and behavioral health services in Tennessee, depending on your insurance plan’s benefits and individual needs.
Cigna rebranded its behavioral health services company to Evernorth to pique the interest of potential industry clients in its offerings. This open business model brings together Cigna’s behavioral health services and outside partners in pharmacy, benefits management, and care solutions.1
Clients of Cigna, the parent company of Evernorth, will not need to do anything different to receive Evernorth behavioral health benefits and Evernorth health services.2 Furthermore, Evernorth markets behavioral health services to individuals whom Cigna doesn’t cover.3
How to Verify Evernorth Mental Health Benefits
Athena Care is in-network with most major insurance plans. Filling out our free and confidential online insurance verification form is the best method to determine your Evernorth behavioral health and mental health benefits.
Allow our highly trained care coordinators to manage the challenges of contacting your insurance carrier for information on your Evernorth mental health coverage. After completing the form, a care coordinator will review your insurance and thoroughly explain your options. You can rest assured that all information shared or discussed is kept confidential.
Jump to Section
- Does Evernorth Insurance Cover Mental Health Services?
- How to Verify Evernorth Mental Health Benefits
- Which Mental Health Services Are Covered by Evernorth Insurance?
- Which Mental Health Conditions Are Covered by Evernorth Insurance?
- How To Find Mental Health Services Near Me in Tennessee?
- About Evernorth Health Insurance
- Does Evernorth Insurance Cover Online Therapy?
- How Much Do Mental Health Services & Testing Cost?
Which Mental Health Services Are Covered by Evernorth Insurance?
Evernorth behavioral health services include various programs and services for mental and behavioral health. The following is a partial list of services that your Evernorth insurance may cover:
- Behavioral Health Assessments
- Digital Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) program4
- Inpatient Care
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
- Mental Health Testing
- Neuropsychological Testing
- Psychiatric Medication Management
Which Mental Health Conditions Are Covered by Evernorth Insurance?
Evernorth behavioral health insurance in Tennessee may cover the following mental health conditions:
- Bipolar Disorders
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Substance Use Care
How To Find Mental Health Services Near Me in Tennessee?
Thanks to Athena Care, finding a mental health treatment clinic in Tennessee has never been easier. A care coordinator will assist you at one of our various Tennessee locations, open Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
When choosing Evernorth behavioral health providers and mental health psychologists, it’s important to ask questions and keep the following in mind:
- Education, training, license, and years of experience
- Specialties and services offered
- Treatment methods and philosophies
- Insurance companies they work with
- Office hours
- Session length
Here you’ll find a list of practitioners organized by city, along with information about their backgrounds and specialties.
About Evernorth Health Insurance
Founded in 2020 as a wholly-owned subsidiary of Cigna Corporation, the rebranded health services unit, Evernorth, helped Cigna earn $1.1 billion in the fourth quarter of 2021, a total revenue boost of 10%.6
Evernorth behavioral health offers a wide range of services, including behavioral health services for Cigna HealthCare members. EPOs, HMOs, OAPs, PPOs, and employee assistance programs (EAPs) are examples of available benefit plans. Evernorth behavioral health also provides behavioral health services to other plans across the country.
The following are additional plans offered by Evernorth:
- Cigna SureFit: Networks built around local physician and hospital groups to provide customers with individualized, patient-centered care.
- Connect Network: A narrow network of participating providers.
- LocalPlus: Employer organizations can access local health care communities of in-network doctors, specialists, and hospitals (not available for individual plans). Access to in-network specialists without the need for a referral. Services are covered at a lower benefit level if members choose an out-of-network provider.
- LocalPlus®IN: Employer organizations can access local health care communities of in-network doctors, specialists, and hospitals (not available for individual plans). LocalPlus®IN provides access to specialty care without the need for a referral. Participants must, however, seek benefits from providers in the LocalPlus network (reimbursement for emergency and urgent care received from out-of-network providers only).
Does Evernorth Insurance Cover Online Therapy?
Yes, Evernorth provides coverage for virtual care with MDLive, depending on your specific plan.
MDLive is a leading 24/7 virtual care delivery platform that serves over 60 million members around the country with accessible, affordable virtual healthcare services.7
How Much Do Mental Health Services & Testing Cost?
Costs can vary depending on your specific Evernorth health services coverage and individual treatment needs. The following are average costs for therapy, though they may vary by location and other variables and may not reflect the actual cost of treatment or what you may actually pay.
For example, In the United States, the typical cost of psychotherapy ranges from $100 to $2008 a session, dependent upon the state and the length of the session. You’ll most likely have a co-pay ranging from a few dollars to $50 or more a session with health insurance.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) sessions are typically 45+ minutes long and cost between $100 and $200 per session, while Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) usually consists of a weekly individual therapy session, a weekly group therapy session, and weekly phone conversations. DBT costs vary depending on the type of services rendered.
Whether the therapist is in-network or out of network can influence this out-of-pocket cost.
Even with insurance, you will normally have to pay some or all of your medical expenditures until your total medical expenses reach the deductible. Then, depending on your plan, you may be required to pay a co-pay or coinsurance for each treatment.
Some therapists will work with patients on a sliding scale for those who do not present insurance. If you find a therapist who offers a sliding scale payment plan, they will most likely base the cost of your sessions on your income. This sliding scale can also vary from therapist to therapist.
- Morse, Susan. “Cigna launches Evernorth, in a rebrand of its health services portfolio.” Healthcare Finance, 2020, https://www.healthcarefinancenews.com/news/cigna-launches-evernorth-rebrand-its-health-services-portfolio
- “Frequently Asked Questions.” Evernorth Health Inc., 2022, https://static.evernorth.com/assets/evernorth/provider/resourceLibrary/behavioralResources/faq.html
- “Evernorth Behavioral Administrative Guidelines.” Evernorth Health Inc., 2022, https://static.cigna.com/assets/chcp/pdf/resourceLibrary/behavioral/ebh-provider-admin-guide.pdf
- “Unlocking Potential.” Evernorth Health Inc., 2022, https://www.evernorth.com/our-solutions?gclid=CjwKCAjw9LSSBhBsEiwAKtf0n9mjBpMCZrJu8Ty6Q1pQ1_2qrcNjgJi18ACeoqg8K6WKuyGjN2vwzBoCik8QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
- “Every Mind Deserves Better.” Evernorth Health Inc., 2021, https://www.express-scripts.com/corporate/inmynd-behavioral-health
- Japsen, Bruce. “Cigna Reports $1 Billion Profit On Strong Evernorth Pharmacy Performance.” Forbes, 2022, https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucejapsen/2022/02/03/cigna-reports-1-billion-profit-on-strong-evernorth-pharmacy-performance/?sh=75890c10c62d
- “Grow Your Business? Keep People Healthy?” Evernorth Health Inc., 2022, https://www.evernorth.com/?CID=se:bob:Evernorth:SRH:G:1&gclid=CjwKCAjw9LSSBhBsEiwAKtf0nzw5QkADon4mRNnpSBuNAWn66rnrRzZ8i5hU4y-wTZrJdj3GuOF0RRoCMI4QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
- Lauretta, Ashley. “How Much Does Therapy Cost?” edited by Alena Hall, Forbes Health, 2021, https://www.forbes.com/health/mind/how-much-does-therapy-cost/
If you suspect that you or someone you love suffers from mental health disorders, contact Athena Care today.
One of our friendly associates will help you get the help you need. Take this first step to feel better and take control.